Are you creating Micro-Moments?

Videos about Audio, Podcasting and Video Tips, Tools and Tutorials
Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Are you creating Micro-Moments?

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:17 pm

Micro-moments really became a big deal in 2015. I first heard about them from Think with Google. If you check out this link, you will see that Google wrote specifically about micro-moments dozens of times in 2015. I've read many of these articles and every time I am sold more and more on micro-moments. Then, of course, I read David Kutcher's post about micro-moments, meta-moments and your intent and it really pushed my brain down the path of how to create more content like this for our audience.

Sheryl and I have strategized for hours about what kind of content we wanted to create. What you would want or need based on what you've been watching for the past year. In 2015 we created what we call "mini-clips". These are re-purposed video content from our weekly short interviews. While our interviews are typically 12-17 minutes sometimes you just need ONE single answer, so we break each video down into individual questions/videos for your viewing pleasure.

We decided in 2016 to create MORE micro-moment video content for you. We now have 2 extra weekly series with a third launching and 2 more on deck to launch. Every one of these videos answers a very specific question to a problem that you may have or run into. Each video is 1-5 minutes and will get you the answer that you need. These videos allow you to find your answer, but also to learn from a subject matter expert and possibly connect with them for future questions and business.

You can now learn from Jess Maynard-Gilbert about business ideas for your small business; from local collaboration, to kicking bad habits, to Facebook tips/tricks, in her Monday series called Real Talk with Jess.

You can also learn more about Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Micro-Moments and Audience Development from our Tuesday series with David Kutcher, called #AskDavid.

As of 4/7/2016, we are launching a new Legal Tips series with Attorney Sara F. Hawkins. These videos cover a variety of legal issues that we run across in business and in social media. These tips are not legal advice, but they give you some insight into the choices that you may need to make about certain business and social decisions.

There are more series coming soon, so make sure that you subscribe to our YouTube Channel to stay up to date on all the new content coming up.

This week's video I interviewed Sheryl Loch about creating micro-moments in video. Now, Sheryl has been creating micro-content on videos for years. She calls in micro-content, Google calls it micro-moments....semantics really. The point is small, bite-sized chunks of content has been around for a LONG time, but people lost sight of the importance of it. According to Google and David Kutcher, mobile has revived micro-moments and brought it back to life.

There is so much info that we could cover, but in this week's video, Sheryl covered as much as we could to at least give you a jump start on creating your own micro-moments/content. If you are putting out masses of content in long form format, it's time to consider getting on the micro-moment bandwagon. Come join us, it's a fun ride!

https://youtu.be/qUREuXTygf4

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Re: Are you creating Micro-Moments?

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:51 pm

Micro-moments was a new term for me when David talked about in his video Micro-Moments on Mobile, but once he explained it...I see where mobile has brought it to life again. I think a LOT of people are now so use to being able to look up a solution no matter where they are, that this micro-content idea has grown.

There was so much we could have covered in the interview, but then it would have been reeeeeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyyyy long. ;-}

The series with Jessica and David are really starting to catch as we see more search's starting to come in. All things take time and they will build faster now. Heck, Jessica just gave hers a HUGE boost by getting 500+ views so fast!

Sara's new series is going to be great!!! Excited to get it launched! Doing the "Go Sara, Go Sara" dance (and no I am not dancing on video).

Brad got a sneak peek at Sara's videos and he says they will be hot!

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:01 am

Video, how to use video- these r easy, quick ways to build your business for sure & Sheryl just confirms it!!

Love that u call out "the commercial" with links to you website as not good practice!!

Also was in YT yesterday learning more about Facebook conversion pixels- I watched 3 short 3-5 min ones first then did a 10 min one- just confirming that yup, I looked for the shortest ones first!!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:37 am

Sheryl, please please please pleassseeeee put the happy dance on video!! LOL!

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

systemsavvy

Unread post by systemsavvy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:43 am

I LOVE short bursts of really great content!!!!!! I'll watch 5, 3 minute videos before I watch a 10 minute video, even though it takes longer!!!!!!

Make today productive, rewarding, and fun!

Lisa

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:57 am

Lisa, I am the same. I will watch a lot more 3-5 minute videos then I will 10+ minute videos, especially when I am looking for a specific answer.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:18 am

Jessica, I actually watched a webinar the other night where a guy was telling people to make the short commercial type videos and I almost cried. Even as sad as that was...he gave out even worse advice that had me cussing my screen. Then he had an offer to teach how you how to do all the crap he talked about and more. I suspect the other info in his package was just as bad, so no I did not jump on his offer and feel sorry for those who did.

I just found this video from a kind of well know guy and he is using this method...I see he is getting some thumbs down and has no comments...it has me fearing that YouTube will be slammed as the "big boys" push this shit. Only problem is...it will not work for the regular people and others will start slamming it as spam like they did years ago.

Check this video out...does it fulfill the promise in the title??? Hell, does it do anything to help? NOPE! But, it did only waste 35 seconds of my time. Ok, longer now that I am posting what a load of crap this is. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xNoF_Lmtuc

[Insert MANY bad words here]

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:21 am

Lisa, I also look for short or what I think will be about the length to fix my issue. 15 minutes of a variety of perspectives is much better than 10 minutes of someone just talking about unrelated junk.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Ugh! That video from Grant Cardone is AWFUL!!! There is no delivery on the promise at all. It's an effing commercial and not a good one at that.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:32 pm

I am surprised at how many people still think they need a 10 minute video to say something that would take a slow talking southerner only 5.

The argument is that they are including story telling into the video, so they can connect with the viewer. Not sure how much connection is being made when the viewer clicks off after 1 minute. And I would hate to go to dinner with these people if they take 10 minutes to tell a story. Unless that story is about something extraordinary and they told it like a champ...I would have my dinner finished and out for a smoke break before they got done.

Hell, some of these people I would be done eating, had a smoke and went to the bar for cocktails all while they were still talking.

BUT, I have hope since some of the big boys are now talking about short to the point video...maybe people will listen to them?

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:34 pm

I wish people would listen to US! We've been preaching this for almost 2 years here and you've been saying it for longer than that. Ugh....

I really can't stand to watch long videos unless I am truly, truly interested in the topic. I have watched 45min to 3 hour vids on YouTube, but they were TOTALLY worth it. Most over 3 minutes aren't.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com