Janis Joplin & Her Mercedes

Articles about artist, learning music, music philosophy...
JessMaynard

Janis Joplin & Her Mercedes

Unread post by JessMaynard » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:32 pm

I have, as long as I have remembered, loved Janis Joplin. Her bohemian style, her smokey bluesy voice and her obvious struggles inspired me to just love her and her music.
I think most people have sung along with "Mercedes Benz" or even gone so far as to sing it karaoke, or maybe I am just strange. I love the story behind the song.
The history, the story and the tragic end made me glad to know and read this article!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Janis Joplin & Her Mercedes

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:27 pm

Funny, I have never been a Janis Joplin fan, but I love the stories and history that we can find in our favorite songs. They just don't make songs now like they used to back in the day.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:29 am

No Lany I don't think they do. I heard a quote from Dave Grohl (Nirvana & Foo Fighters) saying all the music competition/reality shows we have are ruining music. It makes people think that is how you make it. He said, get in your garage and suck, then grab your buddies and they will suck too but then you grow into it.

That really made me think, yeah~ that is how music started and was epic at times in the past. I feel like much of today's music is just a remix of what else is out right now and that is so sad!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Agreed! I love some of the older music. While I like some current stuff, my old soul loves that genuine from the heart grit that was made back then.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com