Who Influences the Buyer

Videos about Sales, Advertising, Email,
Sheryl Loch

Who Influences the Buyer

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:34 am

To many marketers focus on a single buyer. But just because someone has the purse strings, doesn’t mean they will be making the decision to buy all themselves. There are usually some people around that will influence that purchase…if you don’t win over those people…you may not get the sale.
I bet anyone who has ever been a receptionist knows that salesmen will focus on whoever is the front door keeper (many times the receptionist). If the salesman pisses off that receptionist, he will never get past the front door.

That is just 1 small example of a person who may not make the buying decision, but has great power over who is even in the running for the chance to make a sale.

Checkout this quick tip with Randy Milanovik to learn more about when making a buyer persona, you have to think of more than 1 person.

Watch the full video Determine who you buyer is and who influences them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmtKcgvQixU Share on social!

Download these images made for your convenience and add this link
Attachments
440F - Influencers and Decision makers 1.png
440F - Influencers and Decision makers 1.png (115.15 KiB) Viewed 3509 times

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

JessMaynard

Re: Who Influences the Buyer

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:46 am

This is a thoughtful video & really expresses the fact that you don't want to just think about the person who is the buyer but the person who will see what you have/do and tell their friends and family about it.

Mom sees a dress from my store and thinks~my daughter would love that. Then tells the daughter, isn't that just as important! I love it!!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:13 pm

Jessica, unless it is my mother suggesting a dress...she wore polyester pant suites, so I sure wouldn't trust her judgement on that. LOL

But yes, the people around that buyer can have much more influence that the seller ever could.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:22 am

That made me snort laugh Sheryl! But I also think everyone should go with their own style~polyester or not. To be honest, we have a lot of styles that are a recycled polyester which means it's made from recycled plastic bottle which I find so neat!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:59 am

Something I learned a long time ago when I was in sales; I always asked who the decision maker was. We sold consumer and mortage loans and we had to influence the influencer so that the influencer could influence the decision maker which many times turned out to be the spouse.

When you scale that on a B2B level, sometimes you need to focus on the administrative team that is doing the research for the decision maker. I've always learned to make friends and be nice with the admin staff because they will inherently be the ones who the decision maker will look to for input AND most of the time you deal with the admin after the deal is closed. The decision maker is only in the picture for the actual "buy".

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com