Event Planning Pet Peeves

Tips for Planning a business, corporate or local event and marketing it.
Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Event Planning Pet Peeves

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:47 pm

I read this article on Event Manager and while yes these are definitely some pet peeves that they mention here I feel as if the article is seriously lacking in depth.

Pet Peeves listed are whiners, patience, slowness, no shows & I didn't understand #5 at all. Here's the deal. When you set up an event first and foremost you establish boundaries, expectations and multiple back up and contingency plans. That is common sense and any event planner is going to roll their eyes at this article. Every event planner is going to have a team in place that is effecient and pretty much bad ass. If you don't, you are going to run into issues.

I gotta say, that I am really tired of articles that don't give any details on how to's. How to set up contingencies and back up plans. How to train your staff. How to negotiate contracts. Some of this is learned through experience and flat out making mistakes, but it's clear this author was too lazy to go into more detail to help new event planners. I decided to start building out real content on event planning that will be helpful to our audience. You can check out my information on Event Planning Basics here.

Do any of you throw events for your business? What kinds of questions do you have to help you create a better event for your customer?

Interested in hiring an event planner? Connect with me to learn more.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com