Customer Service Basic that will Make Customers love you

Videos discussing business that do not fit in a more refined area.
JessMaynard

Customer Service Basic that will Make Customers love you

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Common sense isn't so common sometimes. The small businesses that I love the most, II walk in the door and feel like I belong. I feel like I was just there yesterday (even tho I may have never been there before). I feel like they want to help me and take all my cares away. Doesn't that sound nice! It sounds like Cheers~where everybody knows your name & they're always glad you came. (I was just singing that~were you?)

Common sense would say we small business owners want to give our customers that feeling from the MOMENT they walk thru the door! This video is a simple reminder of the tiny things you can do to help people feel welcome and like they are where they are supposed to be as fast as possible. I really believe it help lead to more sales but even if it doesn't I will never be the "snotty store" with the "mean girl" behind the counter. At the very least, I give them a smile they can take with them the rest of the day!! And that good will and good feeling will last and last

https://youtu.be/m6VwbUsoge0

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Customer Service Basic that will Make Customers love you

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:32 pm

I love when a store owner or sales person greets me and offers help or assistance. I do however dislike hovering sales people who only want to help you because they want the sale! You leave a lasting impression whether you are a good or bad business owner or salesperson. The smart ones know how to leave a postive impression.

And yes... I was singing along with you!

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

systemsavvy

Unread post by systemsavvy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:22 pm

What are suggestions for "customer service" and "making people feel welcome" for someone that doesn't have a brick and mortar store? I'm a coach with 90% of my client interaction being virtual (video coaching calls, emails, etc.)

Make today productive, rewarding, and fun!

Lisa

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:48 pm

That is a great question Systemsavvy!!!
I love a great video talking to me on the home page, just like I walked thru your "virtual door" or you could create an image talking right to your ideal customer so she knows that this page is exactly where she should be. ie: are you a busy woman? do you need more time in your day? do you need help with that stuff...well you are in the right place

I don't have the video on my home page but when someone signs up for my email list there is a "click here" for a special message from Jess link & it takes people to a place where they can see a video of me telling them why my store is called "Ava Grace" Fashions.

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:59 pm

The one thing I would add to Jess's comment is make sure that the video is not on auto play. I hate going on to a site and I can't shut the audio off or I can't even find where the video is to turn it off. So, do a message in text that encourages your website visitor to click the video (just like Jess does in her email link). As a user, I prefer that way better. Then I have a choice of whether or not I want to watch the video.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com