A Great Example of Body Acceptance

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

A Great Example of Body Acceptance

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:50 pm

I got sucked down a rabbit hole today. I've been looking for content for you ladies here in the forum and for new topics and guests for our weekly interviews and I ran across an article about Ronda Rousey on Health.

This young woman is amazing. The article was the 10 best quotes from her Ask Me Anything spot on Reddit. Well, after reading that I wanted to know more. Thank goodness for Google!

Then I found this video clip from this year (2015) SXSW event. She was interviewed about her weight (btw, she's not fat at all) and how she's dealing with photo shoots, filming and Hollywood body images standards.

Ronda is not conforming to standards that society or Hollywood have determined to be right. She is leading by example, staying true to herself and accepting herself as she is without question.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Re: A Great Example of Body Acceptance

Unread post by JessMaynard » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:07 am

How wonderful for someone to just be how she is and how sad that this is abnormal behavior!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: A Great Example of Body Acceptance

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:06 am

Jess, I love that she said they couldn't make her do something she didn't want to do. She's not conforming and I love it. You're right...sad that this is considered abnormal.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com