Challenging racisim and the legacy of slavery... with a gorgeous naked woman

Marisa Goudy

Challenging racisim and the legacy of slavery... with a gorgeous naked woman

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:21 am

We need images that challenge us. We need artists who will stand up against the status quo. We need individuals who will call out juggernaut of time that says "what's done is done, move on and join the present."

A black female artist, inspired by the so-called "Hottentot Venus" who was "displayed" in 19th century Europe (she had a name and it was Saartje Bartman) stands before former New York City slave trade sites.

I was speechless, so I rely on the friend who posted the link on Facebook:

"I bow down. This is brave, honest, truthful, bold and perfect."

See the images of Nona Faustine here:
http://blackgirllonghair.com/2015/07/bl ... city-hall/

Writing Coach and Copywriter for Professionals Who Make Life More Beautiful, Bearable, and Bold
marisagoudy.com

JessMaynard

Re: Challenging racisim and the legacy of slavery... with a gorgeous naked woman

Unread post by JessMaynard » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:01 pm

These images are so striking! Bringing the past into the present to raise awareness~simply amazing. I hope people take the time to click over and read this great article!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Marisa Goudy

Re: Challenging racisim and the legacy of slavery... with a gorgeous naked woman

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:00 pm

It's eye candy of a very, very different sort, isn't it Jess?

Writing Coach and Copywriter for Professionals Who Make Life More Beautiful, Bearable, and Bold
marisagoudy.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:37 am

It is profound! And such a clear, artist expression of history that is so easy to only think of as history.

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY