Voice to Text Tool in Chrome

Tech news and updates.
Sheryl Loch

Voice to Text Tool in Chrome

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:57 pm

Google Chrome has put out a new tool that is FREE to use. This new tool will let you speak as it types into Google Dox.

As some have said it is not perfect and you will need to speak clearly and train it (or train yourself).

Some of us have used voice to text tools and understand that you will need to edit afterwards. These tools are always just a handy way to get you basics, not perfect copy.

Once you have your voice to text, you can always just download it from Google Dox and then put it into your Word which will catch some issues quickly. Other things will mean reading and fixing…things like having it write period rather than just finishing the sentence with a dot. No biggie if you are one that just wants your ideas written first.

Learning to talk with instructions to the layout or saying punctuation will take you some time if you are not accustomed to doing it…just practice!

So you can checkout the announcement at Type, edit and format with your voice in Docs—no keyboard needed!

Let us know what you think about this cool new tool for chrome!

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Voice to Text Tool in Chrome

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:21 pm

This is really great! I think people are getting better and becoming more used to voice to text because of smart phone apps, SIRI and OK Google on their phones. Maybe this will help people speak/enunciate their words better!

I really love the idea. I'm going to have to try it out. Maybe I could bust out more blog posts this way.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:52 am

I think there are so many people who are disable who could use this.
For years they have had the Dragon Natural Speaking software for voice to text, but it was expensive for some people. And so many people that could have benefited from it didn't usually have a good mic...now mics are pretty cheap and the software has come down in price or they can now try this free Chrome program.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:27 pm

Dragon came up with a free app a few years ago. It was ok, but not as good as their paid tool (of course). There are so many uses for this. I'm excited to do more voice to text stuff myself.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com