The future of the high-performance workplace and wearable technology

Tech news and updates.
Iva Ignjatovic

The future of the high-performance workplace and wearable technology

Unread post by Iva Ignjatovic » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:04 am

Couple days ago I've read an article on wearable technology and how it has led to creation of devices capable of building up workers’ personalised biological profiles. Human optimisation is not a new thing but with the new technologies how far it will go?

Giving you a short excerpt from the post: "Previously, wearable technology has focused on improving basic efficiency or safety in the workplace – but the new gadgets could allow firms to link their staff’s behaviour and physiological data to their business performance for the first time, even alerting them if they are in need of a day off."

You can read the whole thing here Wearable technology: Latest devices allow employers to track behaviour of their workers

I would very much like to hear your thoughts on this matter.

JessMaynard

Re: The future of the high-performance workplace and wearable technology

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:03 pm

It sounds like a FitBit for work to me. I don't know how people will feel about their privacy & biometrics being so opened up to their employers but can see a some professions like doctors, pilots, over-the-road truckers whose personal fit-ness effect those around them as far as dangerous situations being avoided that would be a great place to use this technology.

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

MicheleJennae

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:36 pm

from the article “The public doesn’t really know what’s going on in sports physiology because the really good ones don’t publish – they want gold medals,” Dr Coates said. “I’m working with some really good ones, and what they know right now is extraordinary. They can predict whether an athlete’s going to be in the zone in three days’ time, and if he or she isn’t going to be in the zone they know how to put them there. That’s going to happen in the work world.”

^This is fascinating, how it's already being done in the sports' world. Perhaps some will feel it invasive, but I think people who are looking to progress in themselves might be excited by it. The work world isn't always so progressive as to want the advancement of their employees as much as they want to increase the bottom line. In that, I can see challenges.

Michele Jennae
Sowing Seeds of Serendipity

www.artuitivecoaching.com

Iva Ignjatovic

Unread post by Iva Ignjatovic » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:27 am

Tnx ladies, appreciate your thoughts, great insights. I agree, when limited to specific lines of work and when people personally use such devices with intent to improve themselves, fully aware of their functions, wearables can be used for great things. If you ran into some other articles on this topic I would be grateful if you would share them with me.

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:05 am

Certainly Iva!
I can completely see where self-employed people and people employed in a self-centric field could be early adopters outside of the sports world.

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:11 am

I think wearable tech is really interesting. The acceptance of all things tech has grown exponentially. Anything tech related have been adopted as normal household items and for common uses, so I am not surprised that they are moving to wearable tech.

IoT is taking over and will continue to grow as more and more adopt and integrate these high tech solutions into their homes and their lives.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com