Recycling landfill to make bricks!

Tech news and updates.
Kirstin Hancock

Recycling landfill to make bricks!

Unread post by Kirstin Hancock » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:52 am

New brick technology recycles landfill, produces no emissions.

Traditional environmental impacts of its production of bricks has been huge! Bricks are an essential building block in building our economy! (Excuse the pun!) This is a great initiate to make a difference in the world.

After two years developing and fine tuning their prototype, the MIT team is now trialling mass production of the ‘Eco-BLAC’, an alternative to traditional bricks comprising 70 per cent recycled industrial waste and produced using little energy and for a low cost.

Read this article 'New brick technology recycles landfill, produces no emissions' to find out more.

Kirstin Hancock
Co-founder Blue Maestro
Inventor Pacif-i, the Smart Pacifier

JessMaynard

Re: Recycling landfill to make bricks!

Unread post by JessMaynard » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:57 am

This sort of thing is awesome! We so need to be thinking of the future and innovative ways to use what we already have around us. Using waste and having it cost little to do so is so motivating for people to actually do it and use it! Yay!!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Kirstin Hancock

Unread post by Kirstin Hancock » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:04 pm

I try to create as least waste as I possibly can! I reuse and then recycle everything I possibly can!

Kirstin Hancock
Co-founder Blue Maestro
Inventor Pacif-i, the Smart Pacifier

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:49 am

Exactly but the bottom line is if it were more expensive, producers would be less likely to create it and people would be less likely to buy and create a demand. The profitability of this could make the business and the bricks sustainable and I love that!!
We can all want to do the right thing because it's the right thing but in the business world that is a hard one to do without the profits! So Yay!!!!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:30 pm

Wow! This is really amazing! I love seeing the inventive ways people are coming up with to make our world better.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com