Is being OKAY with fat the first step?

Articles about staying or getting healthy!
JessMaynard

Is being OKAY with fat the first step?

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:32 pm

So where does the line come between acceptance and shaming anyone else who is not what you are accepting. I guess we all have to make that personal call.

This article about fat acceptance discusses some interesting studies. Obsessing about not being fat has had some of the opposite effects. It seems maybe acceptance may be a good first step.

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Is being OKAY with fat the first step?

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Fat acceptance does not encourage people to be unhealthy: fat acceptance gives people the opportunity to cast off those constant negative jibes. It offers a space where fat people are allowed to be comfortable with their bodies, and to work from there – whether that means maintaining the same shape or changing it.
I think this statement goes deep for so many, regardless of size. Ideally, we should be happy with who we are and how we are overall. I say that in a very general way because some people are just a**holes. Negativity and body shaming ourselves only takes away our self love or our ability for self love.

Society decided at some point what an acceptable size a woman should be, but we are all uniquely beautiful at every shape and size. We were not cut from a mold, so we can't all be 6', blonde, blue eyed and a size 0. How boring would that be?

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com