Skip White Bread and Grab the Butter

Articles about staying or getting healthy!
krangara

Skip White Bread and Grab the Butter

Unread post by krangara » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:10 am

In Grain Brain Dr. David Perlmutter describes our ancestor’s diet as being 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs compared to our current diet of 60% carbs, 20% protein and 20% fat. Dr. Perlmutter goes on to explain how the cornerstone of many of today’s health conditions, including Alzheimer’s, ADHD, depression, anxiety and chronic headaches are linked to inflammation in the body and brain triggered by carbs.
Very interesting!

I make it a point to eat pistachios and peanuts every day, so I am glad my decision ain't clogging my arteries :P

In this enlightening article, the author lists 5 surprising benefits of eating fats:
a. Keeps your brain healthy
b. Boosts your immune system
c. Proper lung functioning
d. Keeps your most important organ - the cellular system - healthy

*SURPRISE*

e. Fat is good for your heart (NOT Trans-fat, which is apparently processed fat!)
Guess my puppy had the right idea - give him plain bread and he turns up his nose. Lather it with butter and in goes the whole bun :P

HA - enjoy your fats, people! They aint' the monsters that we make them to be :D

Kitto

Live without inhibition, love without restriction, laugh without hesitation - you are an inspiration to all! So smile and watch others curve their lips upwards too! ;)

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Skip White Bread and Grab the Butter

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:34 am

I use real butter, avocados and healthy oils like coconut, peanut, pumpkin, sesame seed and more. I cut traditional bread out a long time ago. I actually buy vegan bread from One Organic. It's so good and hits all the healthy points.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com