There's no "after" after a massive weight loss

Articles about staying or getting healthy!
Marisa Goudy

There's no "after" after a massive weight loss

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:07 am

You have likely seen the videos and images of people after losing 100+ pounds. The loose skin is a legacy of obesity that surgery can't totally erase.

This story covers that territory, but, even more importantly, it talks about body image and mindset at any weight:
You are in charge if how you see your body. Don't leave it to society to shame you into self contempt.

http://www.refinery29.com/elna-baker-we ... loose-skin

(Oh, but what's up with her boyfriend springing that "therapy vacation" on her? We don't have the whole story, and I don't want to judge, but that just seems deeply not ok.)

Writing Coach and Copywriter for Professionals Who Make Life More Beautiful, Bearable, and Bold
marisagoudy.com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: There's no "after" after a massive weight loss

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:51 pm

So many people, men and women, struggle with weight loss/gain, body dysmorphia and other physical and mental issues. It seems to be a growing epidemic and it's really sad. We live in a world where size nothing models with retouched images are supposed to be our standard, unspoken of course, and completely unattainable.

I'm not a skinny girl and I know what it's like to have not liked myself. We live in this constant state of comparison until we realize that those beautiful people, with the perfect bodies that we would love to have, have issues too.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Marisa Goudy

Re: There's no "after" after a massive weight loss

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:05 pm

It was so poignant to hear how she says 20% of her consciousness is devoted to her body angst. I've been through periods when 20% would be a GOOD day. I feel so glad to say I am free of those concerns of my early to mid-20s, but it creeps back - especially after childbirth.

This site is like a treasury of post-birth bodies and I love it: http://theshapeofamother.com/

Writing Coach and Copywriter for Professionals Who Make Life More Beautiful, Bearable, and Bold
marisagoudy.com