Is Big Food the new Tobacco?

Articles about staying or getting healthy!
JessMaynard

Is Big Food the new Tobacco?

Unread post by JessMaynard » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:50 am

It seems often that I am made to feel like some crazy, naive hippie when I talk to some people about food. I hear things like, "Don't you think you are taking that a bit far Jess?" "Oh, food has been this way our whole lives." "Organic doesn't really matter"

I sometimes question myself & I know my title of this post sounds extreme but this report puts me at ease. I am not crazy~the supporters of GMO crops, antibiotic use in livestock & pesticide use (aka Big Food) are using tactics once employed by the tobacco industry to blind the public of the truth. The graph toward the bottom is very eye opening and disheartening to me.

To see how Big Food and agrochemical corporations are deliberately misleading the public just read a bit & I will remember this the next time someone says I am the naive one, I am the one overreacting. They are being mislead so I really need to forgive them, stay informed and hopefully teach others.
Do you worry about your food?

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Is Big Food the new Tobacco?

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:27 pm

My family and many of my friends think the same way, Jess. I am the crazy, crunchy, hippie nut, but I'm also the only one that has read and studied and stayed up on this topic for years. Our food is supremely important. Big Agro which is run by Monsanto is spending millions even trillions of dolars to keep the public in the dark and to denounce the benefits of Organic.

I've read such books as The Dark Side of Soy and Fast Food Nation that statistically & factually share what has been going on in our food & agriculture for over 50 years. Our meats are injected with soy and food coloring. Our animals are injected with hormones. Our vegetables are sprayed with Agent Orange, also known as RoundUp to the general population.

Our food from the the early 1900's is not the food that we consume today. We are consuming more chemicals today than we ever have before.

Thanks for sharing this article Jess.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:55 am

It is so becoming apparent to me that the mission to misinform, under-inform and hide facts is Monsanto's mission. It's so blatant in comment streams across social media and even in the media from time to time. We will continue to "crunch" on in the meantime right!!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:22 pm

It's really evident that they are trying to mislead the public. Let's keep on crunchin', Jess!! :)

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com