Is the word "should" bugging you??

Articles about Fashion, Beauty, and Wearable Tech
JessMaynard

Is the word "should" bugging you??

Unread post by JessMaynard » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:35 pm

If someone is telling you what you should do on their blog or in the comments of some post and it changes you & your actions in a way that makes you sad, I am telling you to read this article & then CUT IT OUT: To the Women Over 40 and the 20-Somethings Who Write About Them

I am going to say it, bloggers think about your content and what effect waves they could have!! There is no limit on what brings another person happiness or helps them express their spirit. In an age when we are trying so hard to build up young girls with confidence, did the message get messed up? :shock: It's like it back fired or had the reverse effect...who gave you the right to tell people what they should and shouldn't do. Excluding people from a style or trend or fashion is well...snotty, elitist, limiting & IF you are lucky to get to 30, would you want those limitations "should"ed all over you??? I doubt it!

Now, I will wear what I want when I want or not wear what I don't want when DON'T want, darn it! See this if you need proof: When someone is unkind.

Funny thing is in my experience this woman was old enough to be my mother...STOP "should"ing all over the place. Women young and old, your blog post and comments can be just as effective by saying you can do this or if you want this look you can.... I am really going to move forward in the world and try to be conscious of this personally and I hope others do too!

Now from my experience (I own a women's clothing boutique) I can have 1 top and have sold it to a 20-something and a 50-something and they both look great. It's about the clothing bringing something out of the spirit of the person. It's magical and you won't really get it until you see it first hand but TRUST ME it happens. That spark has no age...the top just fits it right and lets it shine so we can all see this woman's soul in a way you couldn't before...no age involved.

Stop SHOULDing all over, Stop Limiting others. Stop Changing if it makes you sad.

PS- the 20-somethings will learn, won't they!! Some sooner than others :mrgreen:

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Is the word "should" bugging you??

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:58 am

We all thought that we were the shit and knew it all in our 20's and THEN....we learned that we really knew nothing. LOL! Jeez...even in my late 30's I think I know lots and then Sheryl comes and whips me into shape with her wet noodle because...you know she hit 50 this year and she is making sure that we youngin's stay in line!

Ok, all kidding aside. I think having an opinion or perspective is great, but in no way "should" we be forcing and pushing our ideals and opinions down each others throats. People feel they have the right to tell you what to do, but really if you don't know me and know where I've been or where I am going you can take your opinions and stuff it. Only Sheryl gets to tell me what I should be doing. Oh wait...we're back to her again....

People have abused each other with "shoulds". I still find that I use the word should, but I'm very aware of the context that I put it in. We had a pretty active debate going over on this post about The word you must cut from your content marketing. Can you guess what that ONE word was?

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com