Yoga-loving health nut, writer, designer, student...

Please introduce yourself before posting in other areas.
We want to know about YOU, not just your business!

Moderator: JessMaynard

happilyheatherg

Yoga-loving health nut, writer, designer, student...

Unread post by happilyheatherg » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:29 pm

Hello everyone.
I'm Heather, and I've waited a good month or so to introduce myself to you!
It's not easy to make an introduction when you can't seem to get a focused self-portrait to begin with.
This is why my subject line is actually hijacked from the description on my Pinterest profile:
"Yoga-loving health nut, writer, designer, student of social media and special needs children, mother of two seeking bliss in daily living."
The hard part for me is trying to figure out how all of that turns into a career.
I work from home, initially doing writing and graphic design, but mostly now customer service. It's fine, not thrilling, and no longer bringing in an income I am satisfied with. I also don't know that I am a student of social media at this point. I needed to learn about it at first for my one steady client, but I don't do their social media anymore, and quite frankly I got rather burned out on it any way. How unexpected that social media managing actually turned into an extremely lonely job! I LOVE to write and I love playing with Photoshop and Illustrator, but InDesign is my strongest suit in the suite. I miss doing those things - the job somehow led away from that.
I look at job postings and after working from home for 13 years, I see these task lists and think 'good grief, I can't do all of that!' So, I wind up crafting cute little necklaces out of wine corks and signing up with AFAA to become a certified yoga teacher (that one probably is a good idea, really. I've envisioned myself for years being the resident of the old folks' home that leads her friends in daily yoga!).
The truth is, I have no idea if I am even marketable any more.
I have learned a few things over the course of the last couple of decades that will guide me:
1) Your health is everything. Take care of yourself!
2) Never, Ever, EVER give anyone other than yourself the responsibility of making you happy. Only you can do that.
So, I hope I haven't bored you! It will be nice to get to know everyone here. Many thanks to Jess for connecting me.

Heather Gregory

JessMaynard

Re: Yoga-loving health nut, writer, designer, student...

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:14 pm

You are so so welcome!
So great to hear more about what you do for a living & I know everyone back home is so excited to hear your news about yoga certification! :)
I know this will be a great place for you to connect to some great people!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi Heather!!!
You sound like many of us, you have lots of things you like to do, some you may be good at...then you just have to figure out which ones people will pay you to do.

If I end up in an old folks home with you...you do the yoga and I will sit back and cheer you on. LOL

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Hey hey Heather! Finally, we get to hear more about you! Yay! Welcome to RCUWomen. Feel free to share your content, thoughts and things that inspire with us! I like yoga, but seem to find it dufficult to do from home. I lack motivation to do it right. I love to workout though.

You sound like the rest of us! Jack of many trades. It's great to be good as so many things and have the versatility of talent and creativity. I'm so glad that you are here!

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com