Pam Barroway: Editor, Copywriter, Mom

Please introduce yourself before posting in other areas.
We want to know about YOU, not just your business!

Moderator: JessMaynard

Pamela Barroway

Pam Barroway: Editor, Copywriter, Mom

Unread post by Pamela Barroway » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:26 am

Who am I? Editor, (short form) copywriter, science/sci-fi enthusiast (go New Horizons/Pluto!*), feminist, mom to the greatest kid in the world.

The short version: after working in corporate communications and marketing for a bazillion years, I had a child in my early 40s. One thing led to another, and eight years later I'm doing the WAHM routine through my business, Barroway Editing. How terrific -- doing something that gives me great satisfaction, and having time for my son too!

All writing requires editing ... mine included! Plus, copy under 250 words (i.e. headlines, bios, social media, web copy) needs just as much attention at long-form articles, reports and white papers. Please visit my website for details: http://barrowayediting.com/

Many of you I know from Google+; I'm looking forward to continuing conversations here, and making some new connections too!

*Here's the New Horizons Pluto mission website: http://pluto.jhuapl.edu/

Pamela Barroway
Editor and Copywriter
http://BarrowayEditing.com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Pam Barroway: Editor, Copywriter, Mom

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Hey Pam! Yay! You are here! Isn't it fun doing what you love? It's way better than working in corporate. I did it for a bazillion years too! :)

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Marisa Goudy

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:35 pm

Great to have another writer/editor/feminist mom here, Pam! I think we have crossed paths at G+ but have not really had a chance to get to know one another. Looks like you and I walk deliciously parallel paths and hold on to our niches in some awesome ways. Welcome!

Writing Coach and Copywriter for Professionals Who Make Life More Beautiful, Bearable, and Bold
marisagoudy.com

Pamela Barroway

Unread post by Pamela Barroway » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:41 am

Lany, yes, I am SO glad not to be part of the corporate "rat race." While working for one's self has challenges (and what doesn't, right?), the upsides are many!

Pamela Barroway
Editor and Copywriter

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:46 am

Agreed! I prefer the self employed challenges to the rate race any day. I embrace it and love it.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Pamela Barroway

Unread post by Pamela Barroway » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:16 am

Marisa Goudy wrote:Great to have another writer/editor/feminist mom here, Pam! I think we have crossed paths at G+ but have not really had a chance to get to know one another. Looks like you and I walk deliciously parallel paths and hold on to our niches in some awesome ways. Welcome!
Thanks for your welcoming message, Marisa! Yes, I too look forward to getting to know you better on these forums. Have a great day!

Pamela Barroway
Editor and Copywriter

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:16 am

Hello Pam!
It warms my heart to know that everyone's writing needs editing (thought it was just mine). ;-}

I noticed you are in Chery Hill, NJ, that is one of the cutest towns I have ever seen. Or at least it was when I was there back in the late 80's. I lived in Paulsboro, NJ for a time.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:10 am

Hello Pam! Welcome- I have such a hard time putting my thoughts into a good order so I can't wait to see what you bring to the forum in your area of expertise.
I love this line from above:
Pamela Barroway wrote:copy under 250 words (i.e. headlines, bios, social media, web copy) needs just as much attention at long-form articles, reports and white papers.
How true is that, saying so much in fewer words can be hard!!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY