Writer, Writing Coach, Mama, Seeker of Creative Magic

Please introduce yourself before posting in other areas.
We want to know about YOU, not just your business!

Moderator: JessMaynard

Marisa Goudy

Writer, Writing Coach, Mama, Seeker of Creative Magic

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:20 am

So glad to connect with you all in this new space!

I bill myself as an author & writing coach for creative entrepreneurs - and that's still deliciously true even as my personal and professional identities have shifted to make room for my second daughter (now 17 months). I'm focused on taking the pressure off myself, mastering the ability to be in the present moment, doing the work, and making the connections that matter.

Right now I'm trying to keep a novel-in-progress from getting pushed to the back burner. My mother-in-law will be moving in with us soon (eek!) and I am using writing as my lifeline. All the witty comebacks and blatant whining I can't do in real life get filtered through my protagonist, Gigi Tully!

The best way to stay in touch is to find me on Facebook, Twitter, and kinda sorta still at Google+. Keep up with me at the Sovereign Standard - my weekly publication for creative entrepreneurs & healers who seek to make life more beautiful, bearable, or bold: http://marisagoudy.com/the-sovereign-standard/

Writing Coach and Copywriter for Professionals Who Make Life More Beautiful, Bearable, and Bold
marisagoudy.com

Kirstin Hancock

Re: Writer, Writing Coach, Mama, Seeker of Creative Magic

Unread post by Kirstin Hancock » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Marisa I am looking forward to getting to know you! My mum is coming to stay for a couple of months. i am greatly looking forward to having her help with my three girls as well as stye guidance and advise she will give. Treasure every moment!

Kirstin Hancock
Co-founder Blue Maestro
Inventor Pacif-i, the Smart Pacifier

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:04 pm

So, so glad you are here with us, Marisa! I love how our relationship has blossomed and been so timely. :D I love your Sovereign Standard and always enjoy reading it! Your point of view resonates with me so clearly.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Marisa Goudy

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Kristin - Breathing deep into your comment... I write this from my dad and stepmom's house. My mother died when my first daughter was 8 1/2 months old, and, as grateful as I am that my dad found someone new, I miss my own mother's guidance and singular love every day - especially when I am home-but-not-home. From experience, I say "treasure every moment with your mama." Three months... how divine (an potentially challenging here and there!)

Writing Coach and Copywriter for Professionals Who Make Life More Beautiful, Bearable, and Bold
marisagoudy.com

Marisa Goudy

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:24 pm

Lany, Again, sending so much gratitude to you for what you have built and for your warm welcome! Off to complete this week's Sovereign Standard while the rest of the clan is at a beach bonfire!

marisagoudy.com

Brad West

Unread post by Brad West » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:37 am

Hi Marisa,

Great to meet you and see you here on the board!
Oooooh boy writing coach please don't judge me by my writing skills this is the internet there are no rules response and search are all that matter. Sarcasm is the hardest thing to convey, maybe you could teach me how to be effective in that realm :-). Looking forward to getting to know you!

Don't Waste Time on Things that Don't Work
Live Life Large!

Marisa Goudy

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:01 am

Great to meet you too, Brad. One of the benefits of being a writing coach: it takes so much energy to review copy and detangle sentences when I'm being paid for it, I have no energy to do it for free! You're in a judgment free zone with me.

marisagoudy.com

Brad West

Unread post by Brad West » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Thank you for the free zone I'm not a writer by any stretch of the imagination.
If I do need a few pointers I will be prepared to pay for my answers.

Don't Waste Time on Things that Don't Work
Live Life Large!

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Marissa, so glad you are here and not going to check my writing abilities.
I like your characters name "Gigi Tully" she sound like a truly out on a limb redhead! Who doesn't love a ginger?
Looking forward to seeing your shares.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Pamela Barroway

Unread post by Pamela Barroway » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:45 am

Marisa, it's so cool that you're working on a novel -- what with toddlers (and MIL) in the house! I'm rooting for you to keep that on the front burner. Please keep us posted on your progress!

Pamela Barroway
Editor and Copywriter
http://BarrowayEditing.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:28 am

Marisa it is so great to see a little deeper into your world! I cannot wait for your novel & Gigi sounds so fun!!!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY