The internet is flooded with garbage content

Articles that are about business that do not fit other categories.
Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

The internet is flooded with garbage content

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:32 am

Over and over again, I read blog posts, show up to webinars & podcasts and I am thoroughly disappointed because there is no meat to the content. There is no depth or real experience show cased that provides value to the reader or listener. As someone who likes to learn and is inherently trusting from the beginning, I have found myself taken for a ride that usually caused set backs rather than set ups.

Ash from The Middle Finger Project just dropped this blog post about how no one is teach anything on the internet. This is one of my favorite blogs to follow. She tells it just how it is with a few F bombs thrown in for good measure. Sheryl Loch and I were chatting the other day because I read this article about event planning that I was very interested in based on the title. I read the article and was pissed. It was bullshit. So, I wrote a post here in the forum about my Event Planning Pet Peeves, but these pet peeves are so inline with what Ash talks about in her blog post.

This is why we are on a mission to provide good content from vetted subject matter experts and not just wanna be's who are trying to be famous on social media. We don't need talking heads talking the same crap over and over and not providing value. We only grow in business when we can learn from trusted experts.

How do you find trusted resources? How do you identify integrity in the experts you listen to? Share your pet peeves too!

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Re: The internet is flooded with garbage content

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:39 am

This is getting even worse. I think the more I read online, the less I find that is interesting. Much of it seems to be people just repeating shit they heard/read about, but don't really understand. They like to come off as an expert about the topic, but can't answer simple questions, therefore they become worthless.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:00 am

Ya, it really seems to be getting worse. It's awful. I am so bored and so annoyed at the same time.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:27 pm

A lot is just crap with pretty pink packaging but it's still crap. I often wonder if the testimonials are just people saying it's good to justify that they paid for crap so you should too......... :P

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:49 am

I've seen some REALLY awful phony testimonials and you can pick them out from a mile away! It's ridiculous. I can see through that thinly veiled bullshit that they are pedaling. No snake oil for me, thank you very much!

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com