Year End Business Review

Articles that are about business that do not fit other categories.
Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Year End Business Review

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:04 pm

It's that time of year to start reviewing your business. What have you done for the last year? Has it been productive, challenging, financially stressful? What do you want to change? Do you have goals establised for your business? Short term and long term? What do they look like?

Every year I like to evaluate my business and goals from the past year and plan for the future. Nothing ever goes as planned and that is an accepted fact, but did I stay on track? Did the thing that took my off my path end up being really good or really bad for my business.

This year, I have a small 100 page notebook that I am dedicating to my review of the year and planning out next year. 100 pages sounds like a lot, but who knows where my brain will go and what ideas I will come up with.

I found this S.W.O.T. analysis that you can use or model after for your business review.

What does your year end review look like normally? Do you ever do one? If not, I challenge you to start this year and see how it impacts your business.

Many who know me know that I am an avid planner and I use my own workbook to help me plan my future goals and implement them.
440 - yearlyreview.png
440 - yearlyreview.png (88.75 KiB) Viewed 2222 times

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

systemsavvy

Re: Year End Business Review

Unread post by systemsavvy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:01 am

I also do a review. First, I pull out my One Page Business Plan (a client of mine is a OPB consultant and she helped me draft one) - and evaluate what worked, what didn't, and what I may want to change. THEN, I meet with my coach to go over next year's plan. She's great at helping me "think outside the box" and to push myself to think BIGGER than I typically do. Finally - I set my action steps to correspond with each goal - and set up a quarterly appointment to discuss the progress. Sometimes this discussion is with myself, other times with my coach . . . just depends!

Make today productive, rewarding, and fun!

Lisa

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Year End Business Review

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:23 pm

I am so not surprised that you have a plan, Lisa. :D It's so helpful to have someone to bounce ideas off of and think bigger! Love it! I like to set up action steps to my goals too. It makes them more attainable and not a pipe dream.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com