Golf Reporter suspended for using Periscope on the course

Topics you want to discuss or that are trending on social media.

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Golf Reporter suspended for using Periscope on the course

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:44 pm

ISara Hawkins, who is an attorney, has lots to say about live streaming. I am talking with her about coming on as a guest. I think there are so many things about live streaming that are controversial and there seems to be too many loopholes.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:43 am

I think video content ID tools are going to get bigger, better and be a must for so many things. Just look how fast YouTube can pickout music or ID an image they know you don't own.

Facebook is going to be forced to do they same or they will start really getting hit.

Think of Getty Images...you can't shake a stick without hitting someone that has been contacted by them about using their images illegally. While they may only go for $800 - $1,500 per person...they have nailed a shitload of people and that adds up. And most of those people do NOT want to pay the money, so they take the image down and pray that Getty just goes away.

Like everything, not everyone will get caught, but the fear of being the one who does, will stop many people from crossing that line. Brands will steer far and wide from being associated with any type of "stealing".

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:25 pm

Social media and live streaming have really turned traditional business law on it's head. I think we'll see lots of new laws come down the pipe, like the affiliate/influencer law, because new territories are being created and boundaries are being broken...

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:50 pm

I really want to know what Sara Hawkins thinks about all this now that we are deep into live streaming.
I interviewed Sara about livestreaming legal issues in 2015, but it moves so fast I wonder what kind of impacts we are seeing now.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com