Janet Jackson gets Instagram Fans Deleted

Topics you want to discuss or that are trending on social media.
Sheryl Loch

Janet Jackson gets Instagram Fans Deleted

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:56 am

Maybe I should have called this, how to lose your fan base in minutes and make your non fans know why they don’t like you?

Apparently Janet Jackson is so freaking special that she doesn’t allow fans to post images of her from concerts. When fans recently posted pics or video off her concert on Instagram, the post were taken down and some user accounts were disabled.

I can understand the video contains copyrighted music, but I would think you could allow Instagram video as it is only 15 seconds…think how many you would have to watch to get a complete song.
As for the images, people are still baffled as they see no way those could be infringement since they took the pic and bought tickets to the concert…DUH, if you have watched the Sara Hawkins video, you know better.

If you haven’t seen the video check it out Is Your Live Streaming Legal In it, she talks about rights to privacy and Publicity Rights. I am not an attorney but I think Jackson could get the images taken down due to her publicity rights of how and who can use her image.

Anyway, I just find it crazy that Janet Jackson is on a HUGE stage and is afraid that she might be harmed by people taking her pic and sharing it.

Here is the article I read about this – Janet Jackson is Getting Instagram Users Deleted for Sharing Concert Shots

So do you think this is a smart move or should she have allowed still images?

Will she really lose fans over this?

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Janet Jackson gets Instagram Fans Deleted

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:00 am

Holy crap! This is a perfect exampel of what Sara Hawkins was talking about. It's totally normal as fans to take pictures of our favorite celebrities and post them on social, but legally we really don't have the right. Most people have NO idea that they are breaking the law. Most celebs allow the basic stuff and they have attorneys and such to manage the situations where fans take advantage and try to make a profit.

Janet might lose some fans because it's a bit aggressive. Good thing I don't typically run into celebs or take their pics and now after talking with Sara, I probably never will.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com