Life in Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina

Articles that will motivate us all!
Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Life in Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:36 am

I've been following Misty Copeland on Instagram for a little while now and not only are her pictures beautiful, but her story is so inspiring. She is one of a handful of African American ballerinas and she is helping to change the face of ballet. Unlike most ballerinas, Copeland's physical appearance stands out not only because her skin color is different but also because she is considered more curvy than the accepted body type of a ballerina.

Misty Copeland is making waves and taking a stand for what she believes and what she wants.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Re: Life in Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina

Unread post by JessMaynard » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:27 pm

Wow is she beautiful! So glad I read this! I see her strength and it gives me chills. It is always good to challenge the status quo & push the envelope especially when there is such a lack of diversity. Ballet is just as graceful and beautiful with Misty dancing it!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Life in Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:20 pm

Jess, I totally agree! You should follow her on Instagram. You will love her pics. She is absolutely gorgeous. I love her spirit and fire that she has to challenge the status quo!

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com