I'm Super Busy

Articles that will motivate us all!
Sheryl Loch

I'm Super Busy

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:37 am

Are you Really Busy or are you just not prioritizing your time?

We all know those people who always talk about how busy they are. In fact many of those people seem to always be doing something, but never getting anything done. So, what are they doing?

In the article 5 Ways to Stop Being Busy and Start Being Effective they list 5 super easy ways to get more done instead of just being busy!

Sometimes I wonder what people do with all 24 hours in a day. At some points in my life I have needed to make money and pay my bills so I worked 2 jobs while having a toddler. Sure I didn’t spend much time with my child, but she had a roof over her head and food. At that time, that was what was important.

I also worked and went to school at night all while having a little one. What I gave up the most was sleep! As for doing anything with friends…that was pretty much out!

I learned how to say NO to people when they wanted me to go out or do projects that I really didn’t want to for any reason. NO can be your best friend!

Many of us now work at home which means we can work all hours into the night or get up super early even if we have to take a short nap in the afternoon. We don’t have to spend hours commuting, so we can get more done.

If you plan for things like going out with family or friends, then you know what needs to be done before that time an just bust it out.

Problem is, some people spend more time planning to do things, than they actually spend doing them.

If you have things to do…do them! Turn off the phone, log out of Facebook, and ignore everything else until that particular item is finished.

I like to work at night mainly because no one else is. That’s right; no one sends me email, calls or stops by at 2am. So, if you aren’t a night owl, maybe you can get up an hour or two earlier so you can get things done before anyone even knows you are awake.

So what are your tips for getting things done rather than just being busy?

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: I'm Super Busy

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:33 pm

I have a "busy badge" that you can print out in the book I co-authored with Ryan Rhoades, Stop Wasting TIme & Burning Money. I hate when people say they are busy...NO...you are wasting your time and procrastinating. I know when I am wasting time. I know exactly when I am procrastinating. I don't waste my time on Facebook like many, BUT I have other ways of my own that I have perfected. :D

Being "busy" is just a plain old excuse that people use. It's like a security blanket to protect you when you have wasted time or procrastinated, but it's not really helping you at all.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:20 am

I thought for sure you were wasting time on Facebook, that is your FAVORITE site!

I procrastinate so I have more time to over analyze things. I know there should be more pro's and con's backed up by fact that I need to think about.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:37 am

Ha... Facebook is a waste of time so I ignore it as much as I can. When I am on it, I do feel like I am wasting time.

Procrastination for Analyzing....yup...that's you alright!

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com