The One Habit That Inhibits Your Success

Articles that will motivate us all!
krangara

The One Habit That Inhibits Your Success

Unread post by krangara » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:10 pm

This is what respecting yourself does. It changes everything. It takes a lot of courage and emotional strength to act on your own behalf. It takes the belief that you deserve something better. - Sherry Campbell
People Pleasing.

Yep, why is it that I have only mastered the bad personality traits: multi-tasking, people-pleasing, never speaking up for myself. :P

Call it a side-affect of my culture or just a personal quirk, but I have always been the "let me nod and agree with everybody" person. Confrontations scare the Clooney outta me :P

I don't know how to speak up for my own success. I find it smarmy to say what's on my mind. I find it sleazy to 'sell' my strengths. I find it silly to promote myself.

Aah..it just seems so much safer to remain in my cocoon and let the world and my circumstances yank me from one end to the other!

This thought-provoking and well-written article on Entrepreneur has opened my eyes to the power of asserting yourself. The author makes it clear that success only serves those who assert themselves with grace, dignity and courage. Following are 7 ways to avoid being a pushover, along with my favorite lines from each section:
a. Expect Respect
Have you noticed that self-love, self-respect and self-awareness all begin with the word self?
b. Express Your Emotions
The type of anger that will bring you success is the type that can be spoken with class, gratitude and a statement of deliberate direction.
c. Express Your Opinions
Do not look for agreement, simply state what is correct for you and live that fully.
d. Say NO
If someone else is let down because of a healthy and productive decision you need to make, that is their "stuff" to deal with and not your responsibility.
e. Ask For What You Want
If you see yourself as a burden, you will be treated as one.
f. Make Mistakes
Real people make mistakes and are not perfect. Your mistakes are your greatest teachers, so mistake-away.
g. Pursue Happiness
When you "please," your happiness is dependent upon the approval of others. From this place you will always be afraid, under-expressed, oppressed and in fear.
[/quote]

I am bookmarking this - hope you enjoy it too #HUGS

Kitto

Live without inhibition, love without restriction, laugh without hesitation - you are an inspiration to all! So smile and watch others curve their lips upwards too! ;)

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: The One Habit That Inhibits Your Success

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:00 am

These 7 items defintiely confirmed that I am NOT a pushover. :D

And wait... You have a Clooney inside of you? This I gotta see!

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com