Are you Confused by all the PPC Updates?

Articles about Sales, Advertising, Email
Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Are you Confused by all the PPC Updates?

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:29 am

On average, Google Adwords updates 250 times per year.

That overwhelms even me.

Personally, there is no way that I could keep up with all the updates without a team in place.

Search Engine Land just put out an post about the 12 biggest updates on PPC so far this year in 2015.

I went searching on Search Engine Watch's website for PPC and look at all of this content. This is seriously overwhelming to the everyday business owner. Who has time to learn or maintain these kind of updates? Not too many.

The challenge with PPC and SEO for most of us is that we don't have the time to learn either of these in full, nor can we afford to higher an agency to manage it. So, that leaves us in a bind. We have to learn it, or find a way to afford it.

Reach out to me if you want help with PPC alternatives that eliminate your learning curve and are much easier on your pocket book. :)

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

MicheleJennae

Re: Are you Confused by all the PPC Updates?

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:52 pm

UGH PPC AND SEO and ABCs and 123s! YES it's overwhelming and NO I don't have time. Ha ha.

Google Adwords is starting to look like the tax code. :P

What alternatives does a business owner have? and Who is PPC good for? I honestly don't even know if 1. it's suitable for my business, or 2. if I'm ready for it...

Michele Jennae
Sowing Seeds of Serendipity

www.artuitivecoaching.com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:03 pm

When it comes to PPC and Advertising, most people need to hire an agency at this point to manage it. It's too confusing and convoluted for most businesses to learn and/or manage.

On top of that, there are alternatives to PPC but most businesses don't even know where to look for them and who to trust in this space.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

MicheleJennae

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:06 am

So a good agency would also then know and advise on alternatives? Unfortunately, I see a lot of companies selling to sell, for instance a friend of mine is a personal trainer who was sold an expensive advertising campaign in the form of direct mail. This poor guy unfortunately wasn't even ready for the advertising (ie no target market, no business strategy) but sold nonetheless.

A great agency will advise a client to their best interests. And benefit I believe from a healthy referral source at some point.

The challenge we always have as business owners is making our prospects aware of a pain point that perhaps our solution can alleviate.

Michele Jennae

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:33 am

Exactly! A good agency will run through all a client's options. Not only that, they will direct the client down the right path to be ready for advertising if they are not ready yet.

With all my prospects and clients, we review everything first. Website, landing pages, goals, target demographic, keywords/phrases. Not every business is ready to move forward on advertising and it is a shady agency who moves forward just to make a buck off someone who's ill prepared.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

MicheleJennae

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:53 am

Of course I knew that about you, but others might not, YET! More businesses should think like you...it's a Long Term Partnership, not a one-off transaction!

Michele Jennae

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:07 pm

Ha! I wish more businesses thought like me. It is most definitely a LONG term relationship. Working with clients for years rather than just on one little project is what I prefer.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 am

I don't even know what a PPC is! Sound like good advice from Lany tho~finding someone you trust and is looking for long-term growth for you and relationship is the way to go!
Michele- isn't it so sad when a business doesn't see the long term and hurts others in the wake of their bad practices!!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

MicheleJennae

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:20 pm

JessMaynard wrote: Michele- isn't it so sad when a business doesn't see the long term and hurts others in the wake of their bad practices!!
Agreed Jess, especially because it isn't usually intentional. They didn't go into business to fail quickly with bad practices but usually have tunnel vision on the "sale today."

Michele Jennae

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:27 pm

I am so a person who wouldn't intentionally hurt anyone else so it is so hard to hear of people doing wrong and hard to remember not everyone is on the up and up. Sadly, I have so been gullible before but thankfully nothing I have gotten myself into has hurt my business!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY