Take the Background Off an Image with Paint. Net

Videos with tips, tools and tutorial to make the best of all your images.
Sheryl Loch

Take the Background Off an Image with Paint. Net

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:05 am

Do you have a picture where you love the person in it, but you don’t want the background showing?

Maybe you have a picture of a flower and you just want the flower to place on another image and you need to erase the background 1st?

Here is a video showing you how to do just that using Paint.net.

I show you how to use the Magic Wand Tool and the Erasure Tool. Once we have taken the background off and are left with only the piece we want, I then show you how to add it as a layer, so it has a different background from the original.

This means you can reuse some of your pictures to make completely new pictures.

When you are 1st trying this, pick an image that is not super detailed. Look for one that has longer lines and smoother edges. If you start with something to complicated you may get frustrated and not follow through.

Each time you do one of the background removals, it gets easier as you remember the steps and you will also start watching for those smooth lines and shadows as you start taking pictures!

So, have fun!

Think creatively and you may be surprised at what you can create that will draw attention to your blog post, Instagram post or other social post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPFjh-sLuH4

Since Paint.net is a free tool you can download it to your desktop and edit images at anytime.
Remove Background Image 700x600.png
Remove Background Image 700x600.png (614.74 KiB) Viewed 3875 times

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com