Music for Your YouTube Video

Videos about Audio, Podcasting and Video Tips, Tools and Tutorials
Sheryl Loch

Music for Your YouTube Video

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:46 pm

So you have made a video or slideshow and you want to put it up on YouTube, but you want to add some music to it...but you sure don't want to be busted for a copyright strike for using music you have no rights to...what do you do?

Well, Youtube has helped you out. They have given you an easy way to find music and know what will happen if you use it on your video. (keep in mind that I still don't fully trust any music that I do not own the full rights to).

Anyway in this video you can see exactly where to go in your YouTube Admin panel to check on music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpRRNIknWDc

See how easy it is?

Let's add that if you use music and YouTube decides to pop you for it...they may just turn all audio off on the entire video or they may take your video down completely. Either way, you not only lose all you have invested in making the video, you also get a copyright strike.

A copyright strike may not sound so bad, but you will no longer be in "Good Standing" and could lose other privileges such as HoA's, longer videos and monetization.

If you get 3 strikes you are OUT! Yes, your entire channel is GONE!!!!!!! All the work you put into building subs, videos and views...GONE and NOT given back!

So this is a heads up...Play stupid games and you win stupid prizes!

Like I also said above I do not recommend you use music you don't have full rights to even if it is listed in the back. A music management company or artist could change their minds at anytime and BAM - YOU pay the price.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Music for Your YouTube Video

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:45 am

Play stupid games and you win stupid prizes!
There are so many things to learn and not screw up with YouTube among other things in business. Copyright is a HUGE deal as we have been talking about with Sara Hawkins lately. I'm glad you are so serious about copyright, it helps us continue to stay on the right path.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com