Don’t Make These YouTube Mistakes

Videos about Audio, Podcasting and Video Tips, Tools and Tutorials
Sheryl Loch

Don’t Make These YouTube Mistakes

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:38 pm

In this video we talk about s variety of things YouTubers overlook on their channels or when putting up their videos.

If all you are doing is putting up videos to show grandma the kids at their dance class, then these may not be import as you don’t really care if they are found by the masses.

But if you are putting up videos to spread your message…you need to make sure to pay attention.

This is part 2 we did for RCUWomen.

In this video you will hear about –

Why having good playlist are important to your channel. Things to watch for when making or remaking your playlist, so you and your viewers get the most out of it.

I also go into watermarking your videos. I am a HUGE advocate for watermarking!! But beware what some may say is watermarking/branding, isn’t as it will not protect you if your video is downloaded and put up on another channel or another site. Yes, we know that people are scum and will steal your videos, so add a little protection!

Oh yes, the intro…this is a big problem some people have. They cost themselves plenty by using a long intro that nobody wants to see!

We also touch on audio and you may laugh to hear me say that video need audio, but there are plenty of How To’s out there that have no voice overs. ARGH!

Annotations are another topic we hit on as some video creators have no idea how to use them to get the real benefits they can offer.

I also give a few thoughts on those damned thumbnails that so many people harp on.
Last but not least there are a few tips or promoting your video.

YouTube Mistakes Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESGgJECLP08

Ok, this should be enough to keep you busy for a while. Heck, just promoting your channel can be a constant process.
440 - Youtube Annotations YouTube Mistakes 2.png
440 - Youtube Annotations YouTube Mistakes 2.png (18.4 KiB) Viewed 4441 times

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Don’t Make These YouTube Mistakes

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:32 pm

I didn't realize how much information we gave away in this video and the other video about YouTube. Wowzas!!! Seriously, people could take these two videos and really have a very, very good YouTube foundation.

I have learned so, so much from you Sheryl. I hope that others in here take advantage of all the knowledge you give out.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com