Can you still build a community with your blog?

Videos about Website Development, Design, Tools and Tips
Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Can you still build a community with your blog?

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:45 am

Ileane Smith did a video about blog comments and how she feels that Google killed them. Lots of bloggers have changed tactics and have started closing comments on their blogs because of spam comments and having to search and clean up their blogs. I personally don't get a lot of comments on my personal blog, but when I do I get more spam comments than real comments. I do have a plug in to block these from showing public, but I still have to go in and delete them at some point.

Blog comments used to be big community builders, but people have had to move away from it for multiple reasons. This is one reason why we built the forum, to allow you to build a community that will follow your content and create a dialogue with an audience that will not spam you and will openly converse with you and promote you.

What do you guys think?

https://youtu.be/rXhClTzucOQ

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Can you still build a community with your blog?

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:36 pm

So funny timing... I just went into the my website dashboard to do some updates and I had 16 SPAM comments. I definitely prefer to post in the forum and get real people commenting on my posts.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com